parenthesized chord symbols
Sandro Santilli
2018-12-01 19:05:54 UTC
How do I put chord symbols in parenthesis, across
two measures ?

Like in (fixed-width fonts needed):

Em7 ( D7 A A7 )
| | ||

--strk;
Robin Bannister
2018-12-01 21:01:46 UTC
Post by Sandro Santilli
How do I put chord symbols in parenthesis, across
two measures ?
Look at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-10/msg00565.html
for some suggestions re turnaround brackets.

Cheers,
Robin
Tim McNamara
2018-12-02 20:59:37 UTC
Here is something I have used for years with good results. Someone on the list created this off the cuff. I have not tried it with 2.19.x. No doubt it could be improved, but it is short and simple.

\version "2.18.0"

#(define (left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context)
(markup #:line ("( " (ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context))))

#(define (right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context)
(markup #:line ((ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context) " )")))

LPC = { \set chordNameFunction = #left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
RPC = { \set chordNameFunction = #right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
NPC = { \unset chordNameFunction }

% \LPC first-chord \NPC more chords \RPC last-chord \NPC